Why People are Choosing Dental Implants?
Dental implants is a great solution for anyone looking to replace missing or damaged teeth and restore their dental health. Dental implants was invented by a Swedish orthopedic surgeon in 1952, Per-Ingvar Brånemark, and is considered one of the best dental restorative treatments.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are replacement teeth roots, which are placed into your jaw to permanently hold your replacement bridge or tooth. It’s usually made out of titanium and built to act as anchors, while making your teeth feel natural. The dental care routine for these implants is the same as for your regular teeth. Implants can be used to replace a single tooth, several teeth or your entire teeth set.
When would someone need an implant?
When looking at tooth replacement, there are three general options available:
- Removable Dental Appliance (for partial or full dentures)
- Fixed Dental Bridge – Cemented
- Dental Implant
Choosing one of these options depends on numerous factors. For dental implants, the factors are:-
- Location of the damaged/missing tooth or teeth
- Health of the jawbone in which the implant will be fixed
- Patient’s overall health
- Overall cost
- Preference of the patient
What are the pitfalls with traditional implants (dentures)?
- Over time, dentures tend to get loose and start receding. Patients often have to keep them in place with dental adhesives and other means.
- Chewing decreases by at least 50%, no matter how well-fit the dentures are. It gets difficult to adjust the tongue to make the perfect bite and patients often are forced into a diet of soft foods.
- They tend to float in the mouth and make a clicking sound when eating or talking.
- Incorrectly fitted dentures are infamous for causing mumbling or slurring of sounds and speech.
Why Dental Implants is the recommended choice?
- Dental Implants gives you confidence and comfort when eating, laughing, smiling & kissing. They improve your overall look, boosting your confidence and enhancing self-esteem.
- These implants are permanent, as opposed to traditional implants.
- Dental Implants do not require modifications to your existing teeth. Only the damaged/missing teeth will require treatment.
- The implants can last a life-time with proper care and periodic dental checkups. .
The end objective of teeth replacement is to restore functionality, convenience and repair your teeth. Dental Implants is the recommended option for teeth replacements in today’s modern society.
This entry was posted in Dentistry on Dusk on September 20, 2016.