Hygiene Services in Brampton
Regular visits to the dentist can go a long way in maintaining good oral and dental health. For regular dental care, it is often recommended that you visit the dentist at least twice in a year, or once in every six months. However, we suggest more frequent visits, if necessary, depending upon the condition of your teeth and gums. Visits at regular intervals will help detect, treat and prevent dental and gum related problems. When you visit our dental clinic your teeth and gums will be checked for various things. Your examination here at Dentistry on Dusk will often include:
- A thorough oral examination with the help of X-rays ( if required) to assists in revealing dental anomalies like decays, cavities, tumors, cysts, bone loss and dental malformations.
- Screening for oral cancer is another essential part of primary dental check-ups. The face, neck, lips, tongue, gums and their adjoining tissues are checked for abnormalities, that may suggest oral cancer and oral pathology.
- Gum health is also checked for periodontal diseases so that they can be treated at an early stages and preventative measures implemented.
- Examination of teeth for tooth decay and cavities also form a part of the primary dental checkup.
- It is common for people to have restorations like fillings, bondings and crowns that can wear over a period of time. Dental checkups help evaluate their condition and suggest remedial measure if required.
- Teeth are cleaned and tartar, plaque and calculus are taken care of as a part of preventive measures by our dental clinic here in Brampton. Plaque is a thin film that forms on the surface of teeth and is home to harmful bacteria and food particles. Toxins produced by these, affect the gums through both infection and inflammation. Calculus is hardened plaque that has remained on the tooth’s surface for an extended period of time. It can only be removed with the use of special dental equipment. All of which can be done for your convenience here at Dentistry on Dusk.
- Teeth can also be polished and whitened as a part of preventive treatment for teeth. This helps to get rid of stain, plaque and scaling that cannot be removed with regular brushing or flossing.
- Dental experts here at Dentistry on Dusk, also recommend healthy practices need to be implemented for good oral health. These include the use of daily rinses, fluoridated toothpastes, appropriate toothbrushes and improved dietary habits.
At Dentistry on Dusk we focus on your overall dental health as a part of our hygiene services for preventive treatment here in Brampton.
Call us at 905-453-7777 to schedule an appointment for a dental examination TODAY!