Care for your Denture
You need to take care of your dentures just the way you would care for your natural teeth. Good oral health and dental hygiene is advisable at all times. Here is how you can care for your dentures, courtesy of Dentistry on Dusk:
- Brush your denture daily with a soft brush to get rid of lodged food particles and plaque. This will also prevent staining.
- Do not use toothpaste to clean your denture teeth. Toothpaste is abrasive, and can scratch your denture teeth.
- Avoid using toothbrushes with hard bristles.
- Use denture cleaners that have been recommended by the American Dental Association (ADA) and Canadian Dental Association (CDA). You can also use mild soap or dishwashing liquid to clean them.
- It is important to clean teeth that fit under the denture’s metal clasps. These areas are prone to plaque build-up, which in turn can lead to tooth decay. Brush your teeth well before you put on your dentures.
- A denture can lose its shape if it is not moist enough. This is why we recommend keeping them in soaking solution or water when not in use.
- Having a balanced diet is necessary for proper nutrition of your teeth and gums.
Take care of our dentures the right way. Call our dental experts at 905-453-7777